As you all know, Sitecore MVP 2019 list was out at the end of January 2019 (you may want to have a look at the press release). Personally, I’m extremely happy to be awarded the Sitecore Technology MVP 2019 title (two years in a row).
- Thanks Sitecore for the award!
- Thanks all my colleagues for supporting! They have been behind me since day one!
- Thanks the Sitecore community for being so helpful!
A special thanks to:
- Tamas Varga and his Sitecore MVP Program team + the involved ones
- Chee Chiu – my boss – who keeps giving new Sitecore opportunities to me so that I have gained more Sitecore knowledge + experience + lessons-learnt 🙂
- Kim Cu – a passionate Sitecore developer – who did not want to leave me lonely in the MVP list from Vietnam 😀
What is the Sitecore MVP program?
If you’re new with it, please have a look at https://mvp.sitecore.net/
My one is Technology MVP, you can learn more about it and other ones https://mvp.sitecore.net/about
How can I win the Sitecore MVP award?
Please have a look at this thread https://sitecore.stackexchange.com/questions/5796/how-to-become-a-sitecore-mvp
What did I contribute to the Sitecore community in 2018?
Personally, I suppose that the following ones were my contributions:
- published 29 Sitecore blog posts
- helped test the deployment of both Habitat Home and Habitat Home Commerce and provided tons of feedback before they were opened to the public
- contributed to Habitat Home and Habitat Home Commerce as well
- helped everyone install the following Sitecore software products and Sitecore demo(s) via my personal blog posts, Sitecore Slack, personal email, Linkedin, etc
- Sitecore XP 9.0.0 / 9.0.1 / 9.0.2 / 9.1.0
- Sitecore XC 9.0.0 / 9.0.1 / 9.0.2 / 9.0.3
- Habitat Home (Sitecore XP 9.0.1 and SXA 1.6.0)
- Habitat Home (Sitecore XP 9.0.2 and SXA 1.7.1)
- Habitat Home Commerce (Sitecore XC 9.0.1)
- Habitat Home Commerce (Sitecore XC 9.0.2)
- answered Sitecore questions for people and shared my Sitecore love on Slack
- contributed 02 Sitecore modules to Sitecore Marketplace:
- released version 1.1 of Custom Icons Injector in order to work properly with Sitecore 9
- kept my simple development framework updated with the latest versions of Sitecore 8 & 9 and also added the enhancements
- added things to my Sitecore shared source projects:
- inspired Kim Cu and other guys throughout the Sitecore community to realize their full potential
There are not many developers in Vietnam who have had a chance to work with Sitecore technology. That’s why Sitecore knowledge looks non-existent in Vietnam. Personally, I wanted to share my Sitecore knowledge and Sitecore shared source projects with them in order to build up a strong Sitecore community in Vietnam if possible. It’s a long road to go for me so the likes, the good comments, the positive feedback(s), the shout outs, the mentions, etc are very helpful indeed 🙂
Congratulations to all Sitecore MVP 2019. It’s my honor to be among of you guys for the second year in a row. You folks inspire me all the time and I learn a lot from our awesome Sitecore community. Much appreciated!
Happy Sitecore MVP Program!