HAPPY LUNAR NEW YEAR! I’m excited to have a chance to play with my simple framework again. In fact, I’m a huge fan of Unicorn – a very helpful utility for me – to set up a local developer machine with a running environment (no shared Sitecore databases). In addition, it’s developer-friendly (I’m a friendly developer :D). This one introduces a new Unicorn 4’s feature: modular architecture friendly configuration.
I enjoy updating current Unicorn’s configurations in order to adapt it. As a result, version 1.8 is out.
Note: we can explicitly add a wildcard item (an item named
*) to a Unicorn configuration without it being interpreted as a wildcard character
- Upgrading Sitecore References via Nuget from Sitecore 8.2.5 to Sitecore 8.2.6 ones
- Adding Multisolution project (Foundation layer) in order to support multi-solution in one Sitecore instance better
- Integrating Site-Specific Error Handle module and putting the content into cache as well
- Adding one more gulp task 00-Init-Configuration in order to:
- copy/paste RewriteRules.config and RewriteMaps.config if they’re non-existent in Sitecore website root for the very first deploy
- delete the directory of all patching config files so that we’re NOT worry about the issues due to redundant ones on every single deploy
- Updating project templates
Happy Sitecore Coding!